This is a One of A Kind necklace designed by Tagliamonte. It has been created in 18K Vermeil over Sterling Silver. It consists of a large oval blue Venetian intaglio with the image of Achilles with his spear and shield carved in it. Dangling below is a faceted oval Limone Quartz and below that is a faceted pear shaped Amethyst. This pendant motif is attached to carved Amethyst beads and oval fresh water cultured Pearls. Signora clasp. (This same necklace was created in 18K gold and sells for $3999)
Achilles is one of the great heroes of Greek mythology. According to legend, Achilles was extraordinarily strong, courageous and loyal, but he had one vulnerability–his “Achilles heel.” Achilles' only weakness was his heel. According to legend, his mother had taken him to the River Styx, which was supposed to offer powers of invincibility, and dipped his body into the water. As she held him by his heals, they did not receive the same invincibility. Homer’s epic poem, The Iliad, tells the story of his adventures during the last year of the Trojan War.
- Stone Information: (1) Venetian glass intaglio; (1) 22x12mm faceted Limone Quartz; (1) 15x13mm faceted Amethyst; (2) 15mm Amethyst beads; (Multi) 10mm fresh water cultured Pearls
- Note: Due to the hand-blown nature of Venetian glass, small bubbles may be present.
- Metal: 18K Vermeil over 925 Sterling Silver
- Measurements: Center pendant motif: 3" x 1-3/4" x 1/4"; Total Length: 21" long.
- Weight: 70 grams
- Fastening: Signora clasp
- Brand: Tagliamonte: All Tagliamonte designs are hand made.
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Authentic Markings: Yes
- Warranty Information: Each genuine piece of Tagliamonte jewelry comes with a romance card and a one-year warranty provided the piece has not been altered or tampered with. It will be repaired at no charge during this period. I have been working with Nino Tagliamonte since 1995 and handle all Customer Care for Tagliamonte Vicenza in the United States as well as some other areas in the world. You can feel very confident with any purchase you make from me. If you have any questions, please contact me.
- 20% of all proceeds goes to support the Maria Pearl Memorial Fund for high school senior scholarships for seniors seeking a future in the teaching profession. Maria Pearl passed away at the young age of 16 from an AVM which is similar to a brain aneurysm. Her story is that of a beautiful girl who sought to make a difference in the lives of others in some way, every day of her life.