This necklace provides a great presence for the investment. Created by Tagliamonte, it is crafted from 18K Vermeil over 925 Sterling Silver and features a single cameo pendant with the figures of Theseus and Antiope in bas relief. Rolo link chain. Large lobster claw clasp.
In ancient Greek mythology, Theseus accompanied the Greek hero, Hercules, on his labor against the Amazons. But while in the land of the Amazons, Theseus fell in love with their queen Antiope, a daughter of the war-god Ares, and he abducted her. Back in Athens, Theseus married Antiope in a fairytale wedding. Furiously, the Amazons marched against the city of Athens in order to take their queen back. During this battle, Antiope, who was deeply in love with her husband, betrayed the Amazons and fought on the side of the Athenians.
- Stone Information: N/A
- Note: N/A
- Metal: 18K Vermeil over 925 Sterling Silver
- Measurements: Center cameo: 1 3/8" x 1 1/4"; Chain: 19" long.
- Weight: 7.7 grams
- Fastening: Lobster claw
- Brand: Tagliamonte: All Tagliamonte designs are hand made.
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Authentic Markings: Yes
- Warranty Information: Each genuine piece of Tagliamonte jewelry comes with a romance card and a one-year warranty provided the piece has not been altered or tampered with. It will be repaired at no charge during this period. I have been working with Nino Tagliamonte since 1995 and handle all Customer Care for Tagliamonte Vicenza in the United States as well as some other areas in the world. You can feel very confident with any purchase you make from me. If you have any questions, please contact me.
- 20% of all proceeds goes to support the Maria Pearl Memorial Fund for high school senior scholarships for seniors seeking a future in the teaching profession. Maria Pearl passed away at the young age of 16 from an AVM which is similar to a brain aneurysm. Her story is that of a beautiful girl who sought to make a difference in the lives of others in some way, every day of her life.