This Arts Elegance design is a special pendant named after my daughter, Maria Pearl. It is identical to a pendant she wore all the time and all proceeds will be used to support an educational scholarship fund in her name. See below for additional information. It is crafted in solid 14K Yellow gold and it will definitely warm the wearer's heart. The focal point of the pendant is a large, approximately 8 cttw heart shaped, checkerboard faceted Pink Topaz stone. It is set in a very substantial 14K bezel that has hand etched designs that are very reminiscent of the Etruscan style. The profile of the piece is tremendous and is elevated off the neckline to a height of 3/8". The bail is large enough that it will accomodate a large variety of chains and cords. We are including an 18" pink silk cord with the pendant.MSRP: $1500
- Stone Information: (1) appx. 8 cttw Pink Topaz
- Metal: 14K Yellow Gold
- Pendant Measurements: 7/8" x 7/8" x 3/8"
- Weight: 7.9 grams
Fastening: Fixed bail
- Brand: Arts Elegance Designs
- Authentic Markings: Yes
- Maria Pearl Miller Memorial Scholarship Fundraiser
- 100% of all proceeds goes to support the Maria Pearl Memorial Scholarship for high school seniors seeking a future in the teaching profession. Maria Pearl passed away at the young age of 16 from an AVM which is similar to a brain aneurysm. Her story is that of a beautiful girl who sought to make a difference in the lives of others in some way, every day of her life. As a young girl, Maria Pearl, had many aspirations. The career path that she planned to follow was that of a teacher. She was not able to realize her dreams, but her memory lives on in many ways. One of the ways in which we choose to remember her is with this annual scholarship that is given to 2 students who are embarking on a path that most aligns with the path that my daughter intended to follow.
Since 2006, every year, a scholarship has been given out in Maria Pearl’s name to two graduating seniors who will be attending a 4-year accredited college, pursuing a career in Education, preferably Early Childhood Education.
A single grant of $1000 will be given to 2 Exeter High School Seniors who will be attending a 4-year accredited college, pursuing a career in Education, preferable Early Childhood Education. The students who are chosen must have demonstrated service to the community (through participation in community-based organizations) or to others such as providing care to another individual. He or She must demonstrate humanitarian attributes such as kindness, caring, thinking of others, compassion, etc. The applicants must also write an essay explaining why he or she should be considered for the award. This essay should also include how he or she plans to “Make A Difference” in the lives of other.
It was my daughter’s goal to Make A Difference in the lives of others in some way every day. It is my hope that this is something that we all can aspire to do.