Isn’t this a beautiful pendant? One of the most lovely pieces in inventory! Crafted in solid 14K yellow gold with Venetian cameos and pearls. It is quite a substantial piece too and sure to garner lots of attention! The center Venetian glass cameo is one of my favorite designs by a Danish sculptor named Bertel Thorvaldsen. Originally called, The Ages of Love (1824), Tagliamonte chose to use a portion of the scene for their Tribute to Motherhood.
Take a look at the center blue cameo in the pendant and compare it to the frieze and you will see the identical composition. An angel sitting at the center of the cameo in the pendant is handing a newborn infant to a new mother. The infant has wings because it is coming from Heaven. In the United States when children ask their parents where they came from, the parents usually say that a “stork” brought them. Instead in Italy, when children ask this question, Italian parents tell them a story of going to the market and receiving their baby. If you look closely, sitting beside the angel is a large basket filled with little infants. The mother kneels before the angel and asks for a baby, the angel chooses the perfect one for her from the basket! What a lovely story!
This Tagliamonte pendant is crafted in solid 14K Yellow gold with a series of different colored Venetian cameos. Each cameo is set in a substantial 14K bezel. The center cameo is set in a simple, high polished bezel that really allows you to focus on the cameo design that is a Tribute to Motherhood. The other 4 smaller cameos are set in bezels that have braided goldwork. The center cameo is in a classic shade of blue. The 4 other cameos that surround the center are in colors of peridot green, emerald green, amethyst and citrine. Between each cameo is a 6mm fresh water cultured Pearl. The enhancer bail is large and allows the use of a variety of cords and chains. Very versatile!MSRP: $3000
- Stone Information: (5) Venetian glass cameos; (4) 5mm fresh water cultured Pearls
- Note: Due to the hand-blown nature of Venetian glass, small bubbles may be present.
- Metal: Solid 14K Yellow Gold
- Pendant Measurements: 2 7/8" x 2 3/8"
- Weight: 20.5 grams
- Fastening: Enhancer bail
- Brand: Tagliamonte: All Tagliamonte designs are hand made.
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Authentic Markings: Yes
- Warranty Information: Each genuine piece of Tagliamonte jewelry comes with a romance card and a one-year warranty provided the piece has not been altered or tampered with. It will be repaired at no charge during this period. I have been working with Nino Tagliamonte since 1995 and handle all Customer Care for Tagliamonte Vicenza in the United States as well as some other areas in the world. You can feel very confident with any purchase you make from me. If you have any questions, please contact me.
- 20% of all proceeds goes to support the Maria Pearl Memorial Fund for high school senior scholarships for seniors seeking a future in the teaching profession. Maria Pearl passed away at the young age of 16 from an AVM which is similar to a brain aneurysm. Her story is that of a beautiful girl who sought to make a difference in the lives of others in some way, every day of her life.