Tagliamonte creates jewelry that hearkens back to a bygone era in history. This pair of earrings is another classic design. It is crafted from solid 14K yellow gold and has oval Venetian glass intaglios in a sunny citrine color with the image of Psyche and Cupid carved in them. Their story is below. Below each intaglio is a trio of 14K gold beads. Lever back closure.
There was once a young woman named Psyche who was originally a mortal being. In Latin, she is also known as Anima, which means the spirit or soul within us. Seen as a rival to Venus in beauty, Venus sends Amore to trick Psyche into falling in love with a wretched beast as punishment for being so beautiful. As if he cast his own arrow upon himself, Cupid falls in love with her. After a secret marriage, and because of his mother’s jealousy, Cupid is only able to invisibly visit his wife at night. His one condition to Psyche is that she does not try to look upon his face. However, her own curiosity gets the better of her and, as a result of her disobedience, she loses Cupid. In order to regain her lost love, Psyche goes through a series of barbarous tasks set by Venus. Cupid witnesses Psyche’s torment and, unable to witness his wife’s suffering any longer, he pleads with the gods. They allow Psyche to ascend to Olympus as a goddess of the soul. Representative of hard-fought love, artwork engrained with their story is sure to win hearts. The sunny golden intaglios in these Tagliamonte earrings represent Psyche and Cupid and the love they would not let perish. What a winning love story…
- Stone Information: (2) Venetian glass intaglios
- Note: Due to the hand-blown nature of Venetian glass, small bubbles may be present.
- Metal: Solid 14K Yellow Gold
- Measurements: 7/8"L x 3/8"W
- Weight: 4.6 grams
- Fastening: Lever back
- Brand: Tagliamonte: All Tagliamonte designs are hand made.
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Authentic Markings: Yes
- Warranty Information: Each genuine piece of Tagliamonte jewelry comes with a romance card and a one-year warranty provided the piece has not been altered or tampered with. It will be repaired at no charge during this period. I have been working with Nino Tagliamonte since 1995 and handle all Customer Care for Tagliamonte Vicenza in the United States as well as some other areas in the world. You can feel very confident with any purchase you make from me. If you have any questions, please contact me.
- 20% of all proceeds goes to support the Maria Pearl Memorial Fund for high school senior scholarships for seniors seeking a future in the teaching profession. Maria Pearl passed away at the young age of 16 from an AVM which is similar to a brain aneurysm. Her story is that of a beautiful girl who sought to make a difference in the lives of others in some way, every day of her life.