TAGLIAMONTE Designs (OR209-Amber,OR209-Blue) 925SS/Rhod.Venetian Intaglio Earrings *Centaurus*Reg.$270
These vibrant Tagliamonte earrings are another beautiful statement on your lobes. Both the Amber and Teal Blue shades feature a Venetian glass intaglio depicting a Centaur, a creature which was half-man and half-horse. It is surrounded by natural freshwater cultured Pearls. Both pairs are crafted in polished 925 Sterling Silver with a Rhodium finish. French hook with safety.
The Centaurs in Greek Mythology are amongst the most famous composite creatures of antiquity. Because they were half-men and half-horse beings, they represented an intermediate stage between human civilization and nature. Above all, they represent man's closeness and love of horses. They lived in Thessaly. The Thessalians were famous riders and horse breeders. Since centaurs appear to be a Thessalian creation, it has been suggested that it was precisely this close relationship between humans and horses that led to the idea of a half man and half horse creature. According to the legend, the Thessalians were the first in Greece to ride horses. If this is true, then it would be plausible that someone unused to the sight of a horserider believed that this was, in fact, one creature, i.e. a Centaur.
While all of the centaur’s descended from Ixion and Nephele, Chiron was the son of Cronus. Chiron was not just another Centaur. Aside from being blessed with the gift of immortality, he was an astronomer, doctor, prophet, and one of the wisest figures in Greek Mythology. His knowledge was incomparable and he was not afraid to share it as he was also a famous teacher of great heroes.
- Stone Information per pair: (2) Venetian glass intaglios; (Multi) 3mm natural Fresh water culture Pearls
- Note: Pearls are a creation of mother nature and as such may have blemishes or inclusions.
- Metal: Rhodium over 925 SS
- Measurements: 1-1/2" x 7/8"
- Weight: 8.6 grams
- Fastening: French hook with safety
- Brand: Tagliamonte: All Tagliamonte designs are hand made.
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Authentic Markings: Yes
- Warranty Information: Each genuine piece of Tagliamonte jewelry comes with a romance card and a one-year warranty provided the piece has not been altered or tampered with. It will be repaired at no charge during this period. I have been working with Nino Tagliamonte since 1995 and handle all Customer Care for Tagliamonte Vicenza in the United States as well as some other areas in the world. You can feel very confident with any purchase you make from me. If you have any questions, please contact me.
- 20% of all proceeds goes to support the Maria Pearl Memorial Fund for high school senior scholarships for seniors seeking a future in the teaching profession. Maria Pearl passed away at the young age of 16 from an AVM which is similar to a brain aneurysm. Her story is that of a beautiful girl who sought to make a difference in the lives of others in some way, every day of her life.